ATTN: Check out our *NEW accounting forms under Other Helpful Resources.
A guardianship is a legal proceeding in the courts in which a guardian is appointed by the court to exercise the legal rights of an incapacitated person. A guardian of the person makes decisions and takes action regarding the well being of the incapacitated person. The guardian of the property is responsible for managing the property/assets of the incapacitated person.
Department Contact Information:Saint Johns County Clerk of Court and Comptroller
4010 Lewis Speedway
Saint Augustine, FL 32084
Other Helpful Resources
* GUARDIANSHIP ACCOUNTING CHECKLIST
* FINAL REPORT OF EMERGENCY TEMPORARY GUARDIAN
* INITIAL VERIFIED INVENTORY FORM (With Instructions Attached)
* GUARDIANSHIP ANNUAL ACCOUNTING FORM (With Instructions Attached)
Guardianship Fraud Hotline
Using the Guardianship Fraud Hotline, 866-272-4351, you can anonymously report potential incidents of financial fraud or waste involving court-appointed guardianships over elderly, minor children and incapacitated individuals. This includes but is not limited to:
- Missing money or property
- Suspicious loans, funds transfers, opened or closed accounts/lines of credit
- Suspicious purchase or sale of real or personal property
- Violations of federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations
- Guardian has a conflict of interest or exhibits signs of a more expensive lifestyle
- Forced removal of the ward from their home or residence
How to Report Guardianship Fraud
- Online: File a report
- HOTLINE: 866-272-4351
- Address: 4010 Lewis Speedway, Saint Augustine, FL 32084
Submissions are sent directly to the Clerk of Courts Audit Services Division
If you suspect physical abuse or neglect, please contact the Florida Department of Children and Families at 1-800-96ABUSE (1-800-962-2873).