Option 1 – Pay and Accept Points
All Moving Violations assess points to your driving record. Paying the citation is an admission of guilt and will result in points being assessed to your driver’s license.
Complete the Option Form and submit the form to our office with the fine by your compliance date.
An Option Form is not required on Non-Moving Violations.
Point System under Florida Statute 322.27:
Moving violations – 3 Points
- Speeding 15 mph or less over posted speed – 3 Points
- Speeding 16 mph or more over posted speed – 4 Points
- Passing stopped school bus – 4 Points
- Moving violation (non speeding) resulting in a crash – 4 Points
- Unlawful speed resulting in a crash – 6 Points
- Reckless Driving (Criminal Traffic Infraction) – 4 Points
- Leaving scene of a crash with damage (>$50) – 6 Points
- Littering – 3 Points
- Violation of child restraint laws – 3 Points
- Red Light Violation – 4 Points
Point Accumulation, License Suspension:
- 12 points accumulated within 12 months – 30 day suspension
- 18 points accumulated within 18 months – 3 Month suspension
- 24 points accumulated within 36 months (3 years) – 1 Year suspension
Please note: If you are between the ages of 15 and 17 and have accumulated six (6) or more points within a 12 month period, the Department of Motor Vehicles shall notify you and issue you a restricted license for business purposes only per Florida Stature 322.161.